Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wines of Torii Mor

Today I tasted with Margie Olson, owner of Torii Mor. First, we tried a barrel sample of the 2009 Pinot Gris: pear and green apple flavors, with crisp acidity. A nice bottle of wine.

Then we had three pinot noirs. First up was the 2007 "Black Label." This wine is well-balanced with an abundance of cherries and a nice hint of spice on the finish. Next was the 2006 "Eola-Amity Hills." This had a ripe red color and swirls of red berry flavors - a wine that hints at more to come with time. Third was the 2006 "Deux Verres." I tasted dark cherries and other dark fruit. The wine was lush and rich. When I first tasted it, I thought, "Wow, where's the finish on a wine this rich and lush, not to mention with such a great color?" All the sudden, there it was - surprise, I'm back! A Wine Guy Favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment